|The Corsair 28RS has a much bigger cockpit than her CR and CE sisters. By eliminating the aft cabin the 28RS is lighter and therefore faster, which is so much fun in warmer climates where less cabin space is required.
Having said that, the main cabin has been carefully planned to allow for family cruising. The V-berth is ideal for one or two children and can certainly accommodate two adults. In addition, the settee area converts to two singles or an expansion of the V-berth.
The 28RS is an easily trailerable sport boat because of its light weight and low profile on the trailer. The transition from trailering to sailing takes about 30 minutes and the mast is raised or lowered using the installed winch on the trailer. Everything about the Corsair 28RS is designed to get you on and across the water quickly, comfortably and affordably.
Standard features include:
1. Premium paneled 300 series cruising main sail, jib (roller furling or hank on) and mainsail cover from North Sails
2. Electrical system with BEP breaker panel; voltage meter; 12V accessory outlet and master switch; navigation; foredeck and cabin lights (batteries not included)
3. Light weight folding system
4. Rotating 38? double spreader wing mast with main, jib spinnaker and screecher halyards; roller furling boom with
8:1 outhaul; stainless steel standing rigging; two size 40 two speed self tailing primary winches; one 10? winch handle; one size 32 two speed self tailing cabin top winch; two size 32 two speed coaming winches; one Harken Big Boat Series traveler car; one Harken Hexa-cat; 8:1main sheet system; jib sheets; four halyard clutches
5. Carbon fiber bowsprit with synthetic bobstay and deck hardware for spinnaker and screecher
6. One foredeck hatch; two float hatches; anchor locker
7. Tinted polycarbonate cabin windows; hatch boards; pop-top companionway hatch
8. Bulkhead mounted compass
9. Boarding ladder with transom mounting
10. Grey pvc coated wing nets with hiking straps; bow nets & pulpit
11. Lifting eyes
12. Space for porta-potty under starboard settee with privacy curtain
13. Cabin table with additional cockpit table mount
14. A range of interior liners and cushions
15. Cockpit storage compartments (port & starboard) and molded-in compartment for safety equipment
16. Built to ISO and CE International standards
17. Carbon reinforced vacuum formed construction methods
18. Sailing Manual