|'Whistler' is a familiar sight on the Tasmanian offshore racing scene and she boasts many great successes.
In 2010/2011, Whistler was the winner of the Combined Clubs Offshore Series, Three Islands Series AMS and IRC, 1st Maria Island AMS and winner of the Britannia Trophy. Sailed as Creative Intension in the 2006 Rolex Sydney Hobart, she was the first boat under 11-metres and the first Tasmanian boat to finish on IRC.
In the 2011 Rolex Sydney Hobart, Whistler finished 10th overall and 2nd in Division 4. The boat also won the prestigious Tilman Trophy in the 2013 Australian Three Peaks race
It's rare such a complete, ready-to-race package comes on the market in such good condition. GET RACING THIS SEASON!
||36' 1" - 11.00m|
||3.50m (11' 6")|
|Keel / Ballast
||Royal Yacht Club, Hobart, TAS|
||Volvo diesel 18hp twin cylinder with sail drive.
||Mainsail cover with lazy jacks, Separate boom cover, Full deck cover|
||Comfortable and spacious saloon with nav station to starboard and galley to port. Two midships berths. Aft are two large quarter berths. There is a double v-berth (mainly used for sail storage) and head up forward. Cushions on all standard berths. Removable pipecots for midship and quarter berths also. Lee cloths throughout.|
||3x open plan|
||Sleeps up to 6 in standard configuration. 8 - 10 in racing configuration with pipecots.|
||3x open plan|
||Galley features a two burner Dometic metho stove with oven. Single s/s sink with handpump for fresh water.|
||Large top-loading icebox|
||Dometic 2-burner metho stove with oven.|
||Anchor and spare with chain and warp.|
||Extensive safety equipment list. Previously been in category one safety with much of the equipment included (no liferaft).|
||2x Fire extinguishers and fire blanket|
||2x 12v batteries with Batter Monitor BM-1.|
|VDO Instruments with analog/digital displays including:
- Logic log/depth
- Logic wind
- Logic compass
Garmin GPSmap 557 & Garmin GPSmap 551s
GME CD player with MPS capabilites
(i) Offshore Doyle Ice Mainsail (3 reefs)
(ii) Doyle Offshore Kevlar Mains
(iii) Stratis Ice Doyle Inshore Mainsail
(iv) North 3DL Inshore Mainsail
(v) North Dacron Fully batten cruising mainsail
(i) No. 1 light Doyle (ice )
(ii) No. 1 light Doyle (Kevlar)
(iii) No. 1 heavy Doyle Ice (Black)
(iv) No. 1 heavy Doyle (Kevlar)
(v) No. 1 Dacron Cruising headsail
(vi) No. 1 Black Kevlar (hood)
(vii) No. 3 Doyle Sail Kevlar
(viii) No. 3 Hood Black Kevlar
(ix) Number 4 Doyle
(x) Number 4 Dacron Cruising
(xi) Storm Jib (orange),
(xii) Hood Blast Reacher.
(xiv) Doyle Code Zero
(xv) Large non rating number 1
(xvi) Number 3 Doyle Ice (Black)
Trysail (orange) and storm jib
(i) North Masthead ½ oz
(ii) Doyle Masthead asymmetrical, ¾ oz
(iii) Doyle Masthead asymmetrical, ¾ oz (new)
(iv) Doyle Heavy ¾ Height asymmetrical
(v) Doyle Masthead ¾ ounce runner
(vi) Fractional 1 & ½ ounce runner
(vii) Screacher 2
|Mast / Rigging
||Double spreader aluminium fractional rig
Whale Spar mast and boom.
Carbon spinnaker pole with spare alloy pole
Forestay headfoil 20 (new 2014 - bottom spacer, feeder)
Shrouds, turnbuckles (new 2014 + new forestay 2013)
- Main halyard - Length 41 metres, diameter 8 mm, marked for reefs, main halyard shackle, mouse options etc.
- Jib halyard - Length 35 metres, diameter 8 mm, marked for hoist, clips, type of rope, mouse options
- Spinnaker halyards - Masthead - length 41 meters 8mm, & ¾ hoist length 35 metres, diameter 8 mm, clips, type of rope, mouse options.
- Spinnaker topper - length, diameter, clips, type of rope, mouse options.
- Jib sheets - Spectra length 14 metres, diameter 10 mm, j-locks, type of rope (plus change sheet)
- Outboard jib sheeting tweakers
- Spinnaker sheets - Spectra length 17.2 metres, diameter 8 mm, snap shackles, type of rope.
- Spinnaker Braces - Spectra length 17.2 metres, diameter 10 mm, snap shackles, type of rope spectra.
- Mainsheet, length 41 metres, 12mm double braid.
2x Primary winches (Arco, 45)
2x Mainsail winches (Arco, 40)
2x Halyard winches (Arco, 40)
Back Stay winch (Arco, 40)
Maintenance Equipment - spare winch springs, paws, winch grease, tools to disassemble
- Spinnaker sheet turning blocks (Fredricksons) x 4 & sheet cleats.
- Spinnaker brace turning block x 2 & brace cleats.
- Jib turning blocks
- Jib track and purchase system & cleat
- Mainsheet block.
- Mainsheet traveller & traveller rope cleats.
- Mast turning blocks for topper, jib, spinnaker, & main halyards, and reefs.
- Cabin top jammers.
- Sheet bags
- Winch Handles ( 2 double handle, & 6 single handles)
||- Anti-fouled annually and deck repainted in 2010
- Full respray in 2014
- New Carbon Rudder 2012
- Spare Rudder