NAUTILUS MARINE Insurance:
(for Runabouts, PWC's & Sailing Dinghies)
- Covers accidental loss, damage, fire or theft to your boat including : hull, masts, motor(s), spars, rigging and sails, equipment and accessories, boat tender and personal effects used in or on your boat (conditions apply).
- 2 years full replacement of trailerable boat.
- Watersports equipment up to $1,500 for each item and $10,000 in total.
- Personal effects owned by you and your passengers covering clothing, shoes, waterproof gear and manchester up to $1,500 for each item and $10,000 in total.
- Lay up cover including transit to and from a marine dealership for servicing and repair.
- Automatic cover for 100 nautical mile full yacht racing.
- Nil excess payable when your boat is moored at its usual berth or private jetty or pontoon.
- Premium discount for boating experience and boating courses.
- Pay by the month option.
- Choice of agreed value or market value.
- 24/7 emergency claim service.
- $10 million legal liability cover standard for boats and PWC's.
- Emergency Land Transit towing cover $5,000.
- Cover for your boat if involved with volunteer marine rescue.
- Salvage charges / removal costs covered over and above the sum insured.
- Marina Liability Cover.
- Pollution cover - the accidental discharge, release or escape of fuel or lubricants and clean up after an accident $500,000.
- Up to $50,000 cover to the named insured from an accident occuring when using your boat, for death, permanent and total loss of sight, use of a limb, thumb or any finger.
- Lost Keys $1,500 nil excess.
- Tournament Cover and Yacht Racing Fee Reimbursement $2,000.
- Repatriation Costs $2,000.
PRODUCT DISCLOSURE STATEMENT
We recommend you read and fully understand the terms and conditions set out in the Nautilus Marine Insurance policy wording and Product Disclosure Statement prior to purchasing this product. This information may be obtained by phoning 1300 780 533 or
Nautilus Marine Insurance Product Disclosure Statement.
Cover arranged by NM Insurance (ABN 34 100 633 038 AFSL 227186) trading as Nautilus Marine Insurance and is underwritten by certain underwriters at Lloyd's acting through Nautilus as their agent.
By clicking the link on this page, we will refer you to NM Insurance Pty Ltd (ABN 34 100 633 038 AFSL 227186) trading as Nautilus Marine Insurance which can deal in and provide general advice on boat insurance. We do not act on behalf of Nautilus or the insurer. We receive a commission (which is a percentage of the premium you pay) if you enter into a policy with Nautilus after we refer you (including renewals and some variations which may increase or decrease the premium payable). You will pay no extra by entering your Nautilus policy via Boatsonline. You can ask for further information.
(for Boats over $50,000)
- Agreed value policy.
- Up to 25% No claims bonus
- Personal effects and War cover as standard.
- Up to AUS$ 10m Third Party Liability cover.
- Marina Benefits
(No excess payable and no loss of no claims bonus).
- Protected no claims bonus.
- Excess/deductible waiver protection.
- Club and Association schemes.
- For boats over $50,000.
By clicking the Topsail Insurance links on this page, we will refer you to Topsail Insurance Pty Ltd (ABN 69 169 907 760 AFSL 467369) trading as Topsail Insurance which can deal in and provide general advice on boat insurance.
We do not act on behalf of Topsail or the insurer.
We receive a commission (which is a percentage of the premium you pay) if you enter into a policy with Topsail Insurance after we refer you (including renewals and some variations which may increase or decrease the premium payable).
You will pay no extra by entering your Topsail Insurance policy via Boatsonline. You can ask for further information.
BOAT INSURANCE - MORE INFORMATION...
Let's start by describing the two basic sections of a typical yacht or boat insurance policy: physical damage and liability. The physical damage section covers accidental loss or damage to the boat and its machinery. This not only covers the hull and the boat engine(s), but also the sails and other equipment on board that are required to operate the boat. The liability section covers your legal obligations to third parties. This legal liability can arise from bodily injury or loss of life, or damage to someone else's property, as a result of the ownership or operation of your boat. In order to be registered to use a mooring at Rottnest Island you require a minimum legal liability cover of $5 million.
AGREED VALUE vs MARKET VALUE
Basically, if you have a Market Value policy and you have a total loss, the value of your boat will be determined at the time of the loss, whereas with Agreed Value the value is determined at the time of the acceptance of the policy subject to written valuation.
ANTI THEFT DEVICES
An anti theft device is any retail trailer anti theft device sold through a retail outlet. Combinations of padlock and chain and padlock and cable are not acceptable anti theft devices. To fit an anti theft device you must follow the instructions given by the manufacturer or retailer when you purchase the device.
Many boat insurance policies include a lay up period which is a time that the boat is normally laid up and out of commission, such as during the winter months. The underwriter will normally allow a discount (up to 5%) for each month that the boat is laid up at agreed premises.
FACTORS AFFECTING THE COST OF BOAT INSURANCE
The underwriter must consider many factors when determining the rate (or premium) to charge for a boat insurance policy. The most common determinants are: value, length, construction and age of boat; type of boat (i.e., power, sail); type of engines; mooring location; intended area of navigation; previous boating experience and claim history of the owner; lay up; and deductible amount.
The condition of your boat is mentioned as a rating factor. If you own a boat that is greater than 25 years old, the underwriter may request a recent marine survey of your boat before quoting or insuring it. The better the condition, the greater the likelihood of being approved for boat insurance and receiving a competitive quote. Anything that you can do to update and repair critical systems prior to the boat being inspected can improve the results of the marine survey and leave a better impression with the underwriter.
SEEK OUT BOAT INSURANCE SPECIALISTS
Now that you have a better understanding of yacht and boat insurance policies, you'll be in a better position to ask the right questions when buying boat insurance. It also pays to work with a company who thoroughly understands boat and yacht insurance. This is important not just at the time that you apply for insurance, but also in the unfortunate event that you have a claim. Ensure that the underwriter has a developed repairer network in order to minimise the time taken to settle your claim and get you back on the water quickly.
It is also important to disclose your claims history and other required information in order to receive insurance coverage notwithstanding payment of your premium.