|REALISTICALLY REDUCED TO SELL !!
Professionally built and Immaculately presented.. Alan Mummery designed (NZ) Aluminium Deck Saloon 55 performance cutter.
The Deck Saloon with an inside fully equipped steering station is perfectly suited to all weather sailing be it in the tropics or cold weather cruising( Pacific Islands, Thailand, Tasmania, Patagonia, Alaska).
The outside steering station offers full sun protection and 360 degree vision under the hardtop.
The two headsails have electric furling and the in- boom furling mainsail is handled by a push button hydraulic winch on the cabin top.
The primary winches are hydraulic for easy shorthanded sailing.
Constructed in 6mm Aluminium above the waterline & 8mm below, she is designed to take you anywhere in the world swiftly, safely, and very comfortably.
"Nimbus 2" is equipped with washing machine, water maker, comprehensive electronics package, electric /hydraulic furlers and primary self tailing winches & air conditioning.
The owner's stateroom aft features an island queen bed with en-suite and lots of storage and there is sleeping for three in the forward cabin with ensuite.
Superbly fitted in American Oak, she is a delight to sail.
REFIT DONE FROM FEBRUARY 2010 TO JUNE 2010 IN PHUKET ENTAILED:
All the topsides, deck and superstructure were professionally repainted, Awlgrip paint and systems were used throughout. The stainless steel docking cleats were replaced with alloy cleats. All the hatches were re-installed after the paint job facing forward, nylon fasteners were used throughout. All fittings were sealed with neutral curing silicon sealant.
All winches were serviced prior to their re-installation. As the mast had been removed, the complete mast, boom and rigging were checked and dismantled. This included the removal of the spreaders, boom furling components and fitting new LED navigation lights and the replacement of the forestay. The canvas bimini was replaced with a composite hardtop.
Last slipped and antifouled August 2015.
AU $495,000 Huge price reduction
** NOW SOLD **
||54' 11" - 16.75m|
|Keel / Ballast
||Lead filled alloy medium length fin keel with spade rudder|
||Alan Mummery - New Zealand|
||Stuart Hearn - New Zealand|
||Marine Grade Aluminium 6mm|
||Cummins 4B 80hp, 3.9lt four cylinder, naturally aspirated diesel engine, twin disc gearbox, Aquadrive universal thrust transmission, 23" diameter MaxProp feathering propeller installed on a 1 ½" stainless steel shaft fitted with a PSS Gland pushes her at 8-9 kts cruise speed effortlessly.
Engine room: Easily accessed through large floor hatches in the saloon.
||Northern Lights 6Kva diesel Generator|
||2x 750lt tanks + 250lt day tank, Large 660lt Racor circulating polishing filter|
||2x 500lt tanks + Spectra 380gal/day Watermaker|
||2.8mt Caribe fibreglass rigid inflatable with hypalon tanks|
||Tohatsu 9.8hp two stroke separate fuel tank (NEW 2011)|
||Foam cored fibreglass bimini with tinted overhead windows (NEW 2010), Cuddy dodger over companionway allowing air flow through cockpit, Sunbrella sun covers on all hatches, Sunbrella custom made sun awning over coach house and fore deck (NEW 2010), Bimini side covers|
||Aft stateroom with double island bed and two sea berths complete with lee cloths. Stateroom also has ensuite with toilet and shower, navigation table, large hanging clothes locker, storage cupboards, television. Forward cabin comprises a double berth and two single berths complete with lee cloths. This cabin has its own ensuite with toilet and shower, book shelves plus adequate hanging and locker space. The main deck saloon comprises of a beautiful leather upholstered lounge with full vision out through the tinted glass windows whilst seated. The saloon also has the alternate steering station complete with all navigation aids. Huge storage areas are provided under and behind the seats. All windows fitted with Verisol reflective pleated blinds.|
||* two sleeping cabins|
||* queen owner's island bed stateroom aft *a double and two singles forward with an ensuite|
||2x Ensuites with hot/cold showers, hot/cold transom shower|
||2x Electric Vacuflush fresh water toilets with optional discharge over board, or to black water holding tank.|
||* two sleeping cabins|
||* Built in air conditioning in the main saloon and aft cabin|
||* The full width galley has seamless corian bench tops with two deep sinks serviced with hot and cold water.
* The stove is a stainless steel gimballed LPG Force 10 with four burner cook top and oven fitted with a glass balanced front door.
* A griller is also fitted to the oven.
* Heaps of storage is provided in the galley.
* The galley is also fitted with a microwave oven.
||The yacht is fitted with a large N. Z. Built marine upright front opening stainless steel fridge and a huge top opening stainless steel freezer. The refrigeration system has eutectic tanks for each of the compartments associated with a large A. C. Powered Copeland compressor and water cooled heat exchanger.|
||* There is a top loading large freezer next to the front opening stainless steel lined fridge|
||* 4 burner Force 10 gimballed|
||* 45 ltrs /hr 24 v|
|Hot Water System
||* 80 ltr engine & 240 v heated.|
||* Maxwell 3500lb hydraulic anchor windlass
* 100 metres of 10mm galvanised proof tested chain
* 80lb Manson Supreme stainless steel anchor.
* The hydraulic pump is driven by the main propulsion engine and controlled from the cockpit console.
* A spare 75lb CQR anchor is provided.
* High quality dock mooring lines and fenders are included.
* Emergency anchor retrieval windlass system.
||* A 6 person RFD life raft is stored in the cockpit console (Last serviced in 2011).
* Other safety equipment includes a 406 EPIRB, life jackets, safety harnesses, jack lines, engine driven emergency bilge pump, electric bilge pumps in the main bilge, forward bilge and lazarette.
* A man over board life sling is mounted on the push pit.
||* 406 EPIRB|
||* 8 life jackets|
||* offshore pack of flares|
||* 2x dry chemical fire extinguishers|
||* House batteries consist of eight Trojan 105amp/hr 6 volt batteries to provide 840amp/hrs of capacity at 24volts.
* Batteries were NEW in December 2011.
* Engine start batteries consist of two 12volt batteries in series to provide 24volt engine start voltage.
* Generator start battery is 12volts.
* All batteries can be isolated at a common switch panel and engine start can be bridged in an emergency.
* A Xantrex battery monitor is installed for battery management.
* A BEP circuit breaker control panel is installed for the A. C., 24 and 12volt requirements.
* A Trace 4kw inverter/battery charger is installed along with a 30amp 24volt battery charger for connection to shore power via an isolation transformer.
* A 12,000 btu ducted marine air conditioner is installed. The unit has a water cooled heated exchanger and operates on either shore power or inverted house battery supply.
* House battery charging is supplemented with a 70amp Leece Neville heavy duty auxiliary 24volt alternator mounted on the main engine and controlled with a Mastervolt external smart regulator.
* All navigation lights are regulation LED (NEW 2010) and all cabin lighting is also LED.
* Front loading washing machine installed in 2011.
|* A Barrett HF radio is installed with an automatic tuner and whip aerial.
* Two Icom VHF radios
* All radios are connected to a GPS for DSC operation.
* P. C. Computer which is utilised for navigation and electronic communications.
* The navigation software is the current version of Nobeltec VNS navigation suite on which the current version of Cmap charts are installed for east Australia and SE Asia regions.
* Internet communications are provided by an Ericsson W25 marine modem which accepts data SIM cards from any country. The system is fitted with an external marine grade aerial.
* AIS transponder is fitted (NEW 2010) and operates through a separate external VHF aerial and GPS antenna.
* The AIS is interfaced with the Nobeltec navigation software.
* Auto pilot, depth, wind and speed instrumentation is Band G and Simrad with repeat of data at the cockpit and alternative steering station.
||* Fully battened Sobstad Dacron mainsail installed in a Leisure Furl boom complete with boom brake.
* Dacron headsail complete with electric furling.
* Dacron staysail complete with electric furling.
* MultiPurpose Sail (MPS) complete with sock for easy raising and lowering. All sails in good condition.
|Mast / Rigging
||* Sparcraft (NZ) three spreader anodised keel stepped mast
* all stainless steel rigging and SeaRig hardware.
* Leisure Furl anodised boom complete with Hutton boom brake and spring loaded tubular boom vang.
* Carbon fibre spinnaker pole complete with UV cover.
* Both headsail and staysails are fitted with 24volt Bamar electric furling systems operated from the cockpit.
* NEW forestay in 2010.
||* Primary winches are Meissiner electric over hydraulic operated by foot controls in cockpit.
* Secondary winches are manual Meissiner.
* The deck winch is used for mainsail hoisting and furling is a Messiner electric over hydraulic controlled by a cockpit foot switch.
* All turning blocks are Harkin heavy duty.
*Tubular stainless steel davits for dinghy storage are fitted with a unique roller system for easy launching and stabilisation whilst sailing.
* Stainless steel Gas BBQ
* Stainless steel ladder for the dinghy.
||This Alan Mummery designed Deck Saloon Yacht is engineered to exacting standards in aluminium by one of the best aluminium boat builders in New Zealand.
Her present owners have cruised around Tasmania, Up the East Coast of Australia to Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Andaman Islands, Borneo and found the combination of her performance design, spacious interior, inside and outside steering stations, push button hydraulic winches and all furling sails made for hassle free, comfortable and safe ocean passages.
She is a must to see if you are considering a Buizen, Trintella, Oyster, Moody, Swan Deck Saloon cutter for world or coastal cruising.
Her deck saloon configuration with inside steering station and immensely strong insulated aluminium hull make her a "go anywhere" all weather yacht.
Beautifully presented and maintained by her fussy owners, she is the perfect choice for a couple or family contemplating a world cruise.
Contact us on +61 (0)7 55023124 or via email to arrange an inspection.
DISCLAIMER: The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his surveyor to investigate such details as the buyer desires. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.